Bible Study/Breakfast with Pastor Peter
Day & Time: Tuesdays, 6:00-7:05a
The Tuesday Morning Small Group meets at 6:00a at Panera Bread Co. on Highway 99 in Hazel Dell. Facilitated by Pr. Peter, each session begins with prayer and the study ends when the first group member has to leave for work, usually around 7:05a.
Adult Bible Study Class
Day & Time: Wednesdays at 10:00-11:30a and 6:35-7:30p
No Worries Adult Bible Study: A Survey of the Gospel of Matthew
9-sessions starting Sept. 18
Day & Time: 2nd Thursday of each month
Location: Hazel Dell campus fellowship hall
Study Resource: Gather, by Women of the Lutheran Church in America
Are you at loose ends on Thursday mornings? Martha Circle women’s Bible study meets at 10:00 on the second Thursday morning of the month in the fellowship hall. Gather, a magazine published by Women of the ELCA is used for the study. Great treats and fellowship are included along with local benevolence projects and a Christmas brunch. Contact Sandy Grafton for more information.
Messiah Breakfast Club and Ladies Night Out
Day & Time: Once-a-month breakfast group meeting the last Friday of every month at 9:00a with Ladies Night Out happening quarterly.
Location: Off site
Liz is leading a once-a-month group for moms that meets for breakfast at a variety of eateries in Vancouver. The group also plans regular Ladies Night Out events and retreats.
Adult Couples Group
Days: 3rd Thursdays of each month
Location: Homes of group members
Study Resource: Don't Sing Songs to a Heavy Heart: How to Relate to Those Who Are Suffering
Brewed Theology (formerly known as Theology on Tap)
God. Conversation. Beer.
Days: usually the fourth Tuesday or third Thursday of the month (on break July and August)
Location: Local craft breweries and pubs in North Portland and Clark County
- to engage in relaxed and guided conversation about interesting and often profound theological topics;
- to enjoy some of the finest craft beers anywhere;
- and to do it with some of the best people around.
Previous topics have included:
- Democracy and Civility: Can the first exist without the other?
- Truth. Fake News. Gospel
- I'm Sorry: Good, Bad, and Misguided Forms of Apology
- Talking about Death as a Faithful Act of Living
- Take and Give: The Paradox of Generosity
- How to Have Difficult Conversations
- Videos. Violence. Victims. Examining how screen time impacts behavior in the young and old.
- Mission Critical: Right. Wrong. Reimagined
- Trivia on Tap
- What's Next? Respawning. Resuscitation. Reabsorption. Reincarnation. Resurrection.
- Lent: Discipleship, Discipline, of just a Drag
- Is it "A Mad, Mad, World" or the Nex Great?
- Sola Scriptura
- In the Image
- Theories and Theology: Faithful, Informed, & Christian
- What's so Amazing about Grace
- Is 'white' a color?: races in our spaces
- The Meaning of Money
- Déjà vu all over again (only faster): from Gutenberg to Google – the challenge of being a flesh and blood church in a digital world.
- Close Encounter of the Divine Kind: Angels, Messengers, Messages, and You
- God of Heaven and Mirth: God, The Bible, and Holy Humor
- Dying Well
- God and Sports: Silly or Serious?
- Ready ... Set ... Stop? The War on Rest, and the Need for Sabbath
- Affluenza: Where can I find the vaccine?
- Incoming Call: ... God? Call, Vocation, Purpose ... and other ways to think about what the heck you are doing here, and why what you do counts
- Space, Aliens, & Jesus Christ: Wanna? Be an Astro Theologian?
- The Gifts of Imperfection
- Losing My Religion
- Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One that Isn't
- A Christian Response to Panhandlers
- Christian Faith and Mental Illness
- Angels and Demons
- What Happens When You Die?— Reincarnation, Resuscitation, Re-absorption, Replenishment... or Resurrection?
- If God is so close, why is God so hard to find?
- Money, Culture, and You
- Death and Dying: The Ethics and Challenges of End-of-Life Decisions
- Forgiveness—What is it exactly... or not so exactly?
- Spiritual, but not Religious—Stop Boring Me
- Flyboy Brewing
- Feral Public House - Heathen Brewing
- Uptown Barrel Room
- Ghost Runners Brewery and Taproom
- Untapped Pub
- Heathen Brewing Night in the Big Backyard of the Intern House
- Loowit Brewing Co.
- Dirty Hands Brewing Co.
- Mill Creek Pub
- Total Wine and More nights in the homes of Ted & Julie Johnson and Intern Joe
- Lucky Labrador Brewing
- Laurelwood Brewery
- MacTarnahan’s Taproom at the Portland Brewing Co.
- Amnesia Brewing
- Hopworks Urban Brewery
- Rail Side Brewing
- The Brickhouse
- Grapes and Growlers