Extended Day Pre-Kindergarten
Messiah Preschool’s Extended-Day Pre-Kindergarten Class is an innovative option for students preparing for full-day kindergarten. The class provides four hours of school time—and includes a lunch period with the teachers. This unique classroom experience serves as an excellent transitional option. It also provides an additional option for parents having to decide where to place their "young" 5-year-old students.
Extended-Day Pre-Kindergarten Class
Thematic curriculum builds on the lessons of the Beginner program. However it is a great program for any student just starting school, too.
- Uppercase and lowercase letter recognition, sounds, numbers and counting, colors and shapes.
- Name recognition and writing skills continue throughout the year. Numbers and counting leading to simple math concepts are practiced in both group and center time.
- Fine motor development involves cutting, coloring and early writing and some math skills. Zaner-Bloser penmanship is practiced throughout the class.
- Socialization skills development to learn how to interact with others, use words to communicate feelings, be kind and considerate, and be comfortable speaking to others in a small group setting.
- Creative opportunities through exploratory center play and art.
- Field Trips and cooking are also a part of the class experience.
- Class ratio is 2 adults and 14 children per classroom.
- Family must provide a nut-free lunch daily for the Extended-Day Pre-K class.
- Age: Student must be 4 years of age by August 31
- Payments due on the first of each month September through May
- Offered classes subject to adequate enrollment
- Multi-student family tuition discount
- Tuition fees cover all administrative and supply costs. There are very few additional costs during the school year (i.e. optional fall class photos & book clubs).