Messiah Preschool offers these 3 and 4-day options for 4 and 5-year-old pre-kindergarten students:
Thematic curriculum builds on the lessons of the Beginner program. The class is also excellent for students starting school for the first time.
- Uppercase and lowercase letter recognition, sounds, numbers and counting, colors and shapes.
- Name recognition and writing skills continue throughout the year. Numbers and counting leading to simple math concepts are practiced in both group and center time.
- Fine motor development activities including cutting, coloring, early writing, and some math skills. Zaner-Bloser penmanship is practiced throughout the class.
- Socialization skills development to learn how to interact with others, use words to communicate feelings, be kind and considerate, and be comfortable speaking to others in a small group setting.
- Creative opportunities through exploratory center play and art.
- Field Trips and cooking are also a part of the class experience.
- Class ratio is 2 adults and 14 children per classroom.
- Age: Student must be 4 years of age by August 31
- Payments due on the first of each month September through May
- Offered classes subject to adequate enrollment
- Multi-student family tuition discount
- Tuition fees cover all administrative and supply costs. There are very few additional costs during the school year (i.e. optional fall class photos & book clubs).