Year-end is an excellent time to pause and reflect on what we have accomplished together, and what we plan to continue in the new year. Our 2016 theme is “Growing. Giving. Grateful.” We are a church that lives this out in how we serve the church, the community, and the world.Former summer interns Jayson, Caitlyn, Kevin, and Ben. All students at Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary studying to be pastors.
Messiah is a Teaching Congregation for the Church
- Messiah provides college students with summer internships to help discern their vocational passions.
- Messiah prepares pastoral interns for ordained ministry after seminary.
- Messiah is considering becoming a pastoral residence congregation, providing a short-term mentoring experience to a first-call pastor as another way to prepare pastors for lives of effective and fulfilling ministry.
The One Mile Mission for the Community
- Every child age 0-18, living or attending a school within one mile of either of Messiah’s campuses will have everything they need to learn.
- Messiah is partnering with local schools to help make this happen.
Messiah Lutheran North County for the World
- Messiah is living out its call to follow Jesus’ Great Commission by continuing its work to establish a second site of the congregation in north Clark County.
Messiah is a congregation that: worships and welcomes passionately; teaches and engages faithfully; serves generously; and comforts compassionately. “We are what he has made us,” a growing, giving, and grateful people created in Jesus Christ for good works. We thank you for your ministry and partnership in our shared mission and ministry together.
An Opportunity to Give
As we look forward to continuing to serve and provide these good works, we invite you consider making a financial gift that furthers Messiah’s participation in God’s work of which we are all created for good. When you click the “Give” tab at the top-right of Messiah's home page you will be underway -- or simply click here for a direct link. Giving online is safe, secure. Your year-end gift will appear on your 2015 annual giving statement if you make your gift before midnight on December 31, 2015.
We know that we are all created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared to be our way of life (Eph. 2:10). Thank you for all you have done to participate in this mission together. We look forward to the future, and the work we will continue to do for Christ’s sake. Together we are Messiah Lutheran Church, the Body of Christ ... created for good.