The Tuesday Morning Small Group is beginning a six-week Lenten season study based on a book by Craig Evans and N.T. Wright entitled Jesus, The Final Days (© 2009). The authors are concerned with three essential elements of the second article of the Apostles’ Creed: the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Evans and Wright make the argument that these are not merely theological ideas, but actual historical events that served to awaken faith in the lives of Jesus’ followers. The book draws upon a thorough analysis of the biblical witness along with extra-biblical sources and archeological evidence to make the case.
For an interesting preface to your Easter celebration, Pr. Peter invites you to be his guest at the Tuesday Morning Small Group at the Peachtree. The text Jesus, The Final Days may be purchased at amazon.com in paperback ($12.50) or Kindle ($9.99) versions.
Jesus, The Final Days reading schedule
1. February 24 – pgs. vii-x and pgs. 1-20, The Shout of Death (part 1)
2. March 3 – pgs. 21-38, The Shout of Death (part 2)
3. March 10 – pgs. 39-53, The Silence of Burial (part 1)
4. March 17 – pgs. 53-72, The Silence of Burial (part 2)
5. March 24 – pgs. 75-95, The Surprise of Resurrection (part 1)
6. March 31– pgs. 95-107, The Surprise of Resurrection (part 2)