Most of the holidays and vacations of the Vancouver School District are observed. The preschool school year runs from mid-September to the end of May. There is an $80 non-refundable registration fee per student and a one-time $15 fee for a 72-hour emergency kit per child—good for 5 years.
Messiah Preschool Class Information
Messiah Preschool offers a wide variety of learning opportunities. We want your student to fall in love with learning! Our small class size and teacher ratios enable us to meet the needs of the individual child while meeting the needs of the group. We strive to use developmentally appropriate practices to guide your child to acquire all necessary skills needed to be successful with a lifetime of learning and to have a positive Kindergarten experience.
Our center has three simple rules: Be Safe, Be Kind, Be Neat!
Special Two Week Summer Science Enrichment Program in June
Messiah Lutheran Preschool is offering a Science Enrichment Class June 2-4 and 9-11. Registration begins Monday, May 12 and ends May 23. Registration forms are available by , Preschool Director.
Who? For children ages 4-6 by June 1, 2014
What? Science Enrichment Class. Themes: The Human Body (week 1) / Science Magic (week 2)
Where? Messiah Lutheran Preschool
When? Monday through Wednesday from 8:45-10:45am (A.M. class now full) or 12:30-2:30pm.
Cost? $85 (includes supply fee). Non-refundable and due in full at the time of registration.
Teaching? Cathy Haywood (teacher of two of Messiah's 3-yr-old Beginners classes) along with an assistant.
Class Size? Minimum students 7, maximum 14
4 and 5 year old Pre-Kindergarten
We offer a 3-day Morning or Afternoon (Monday–Wednesday 8:45–11:30am or 12:30–3:15pm) and a 4-day Morning or Afternoon (Monday–Thursday 8:45–11:30am or 12:30–3:15pm)
Our thematic curriculum builds on the lessons of the Beginner program — yet it is a great program for any student just starting school, too.
- Uppercase and lowercase letter recognition, sounds, numbers and counting, colors and shapes.
- Name recognition and writing skills continue throughout the year. Numbers and counting leading to simple math concepts are practiced in both group and center time.
- Fine motor development involves cutting, coloring and early writing and some math skills. D’Nealian penmanship is practiced throughout the class.
- Socialization is learning to interact with others, using words to communicate feelings, being kind and considerate and learning to be comfortable speaking to others in a small group setting.
- Creative opportunities are given through exploratory center play and art.
- Field Trips and Cooking are also a part of the class experience.
- Class ratio is 2 adults and 14 children per classroom.
- Age: Student must be this age by August 31
- Payments due on the first of each month September through May
- Annual payment option, due September; Bi-annual payments option, due September and February
- Offered classes subject to adequate enrollment
- Multi-student family tuition discount
- Refund: A two-week notice is required; Refund paid out for unused month(s) following notice
- Tuition fees cover all administrative and supply costs. There are very few additional costs during the school year (i.e. optional fall class photos & book clubs).